Sea Planes/ Air Taxi
If you want to reach your destination without breaking rest whilst also enjoying the beauty of Sri Lanka, you now have the option of chartering a flight on your arrival at Bandaranayake international airport to get to Kandy in approximately 30 minutes, Dambulla in the cultural triangle in 30 mts, Bentota in 25 mts, and as far away as Anuradhapura in 40mts. The small planes use waterways, lakes and domestic airstrips to land and take off.
Initial touch points of operation will be
Passengers originating from Colombo city or its suburbs will have the option of requesting for flights out of Ratmalana or Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) at Colombo to the above destinations. Other destinations are also planned for the future.
Flights will be scheduled according to passenger requirements, subject to flight availability. For passenger convenience and safety, the aircraft will operate only during daylight and acceptable weather conditions.
Cessna Caravan (Amphibious)
Seating Capacity 8 passengers
• Luggage: one piece of checked luggage at 20kgs (excluding volumetric luggage) and one piece of hand luggage measuring no more than 18”x14”x6” (46x36x20cm) and weighing no more than 7kgs. (Rest of the luggage to be transported by land with an excess baggage surcharge of USD 2 per kilo)
• Charter flights are available: for groups or single passengers who would like to hire the entire aircraft for excursions or photo flights.
• Ground transportation to/from destinations is not included in the price quoted.
Enjoy the Ride
These aircraft are very reliable and versatile for your service and manned by experienced pilots recruited from around the world. The aircraft is ideally suited to carry more than a ton of payload or eight passengers and all their gear.
So all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Our sea planes will take you along the most scenic routes to the most beautiful places you have ever been to any where in the world. Your journey will cover the following destinations.
The Ancient Cities
• Anuradhapura, Polonnaruwa, Sigiriya, Dambulla encompassing the cultural triangle and Kandy, the last Kingdom of the Sinhala Kings
Your touch points for the air taxi are Anuradhapura, Hingurakgoda & Kandy
The Southern Costal Belt
• Beruwala, Bentota, Hikkaduwa & the Deep South
Your touch points for the air taxi are Koggla & Bentota
The Hill Country
• Nuwara Eliya
Your touch points for the air taxi is Kandy
"Hop on, Hop off"
The new "Hop on, Hop off" service is an exciting development which allows travellers to use the Air Taxi like a bus. Three times a week the Air Taxi circles the island in a clockwise loop 3 times a week, every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday from 15 Dec – 22 Apr, and also programmed to connect conveniently with international arrivals. You are able to purchase a ticket that allows you to use up to four legs per person. This is perfect for those wanting to explore the island in a short time period.
For any 4 sectors on listed scheduled flights – £345 per passenger
For any 3 sectors on listed scheduled flights – £265 per passenger
For any 2 sectors on listed scheduled flights – £175 per passenger